Just an heads up that ‘WordPress for BlackBerry PlayBook’ 2.1 has been approved. We need to post a tweet from the BB account, and we should publish a small post on the BlackBerry blog, since this new release adds nice stuff. I already prepared a draft, @ievolver feel free to review and publish the post when you have the time.
Recent Updates Page 2 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
1.6 Beta 2 is ready for testing. Please test the following changes:
- Fix for an issue reported last week where picture would appear rotated in QuickPhoto on devices with a gyroscope #222.
- QuickPhoto is now available for devices with OS5 or higher (yay!).
- Keyboard shortcuts keys added on the Post/Page/Comment Lists.
- “N” – move to the next item in the list.
- “P” – move to previous item in the list.
- “T” – move to the first item of the list.
- “B” – move to the last item of the list.
- Fix for an issue on the location module where the device location is not sent to the blog #223.
- Improved the WordPress.com Mobile Reader experience.
- Added new icons on the main Dashboard.
To install Beta 2, point the BB Browser to the this page and select the app package for your device:
It’s time for the 1.6 Beta! This new version has a revisited UI and some great new features.
To install the new beta simply point the BB Browser to the following page and select the app package for your device:
- For BlackBerry OS v4.5
- For BlackBerry OS v4.6
- For BlackBerry OS v4.7
- For BlackBerry OS v5.x
- For BlackBerry OS6
- For BlackBerry Torch with OS6
- For BlackBerry OS7
Some things to test:
- Are all of your blogs still in the app if you upgraded?
- Try to post a quick photo.
- If you have a WordPress.com blog in the app, try out the new Read function. Change filters, like some posts, view Freshly Pressed, and more.
- Try the new File Picker, is it fast? Responsive? (It now sort files by last-modification date.)
- The Posts/Pages/Comments lists now have infinite loading. Check to make sure it keeps loading your content.
- Is the new Dashboard rendered like it should? See example.
Your help in testing it out before we release to the RIM AppWorld is greatly appreciated.
Please try out all of the new features and try to break the Beta. If nasty things happen or if you have any feedback, please post a comment here. Remember it helps to know which device and BlackBerry OS version you are running.
Wordpress v1.6 Beta für BlackBerry Smartphones « BerryBlog.de - das BlackBerry Blog, Danilo, Dan Levy, and 5 others are discussing. Toggle Comments
Added some screenshots to discuss around to #213, but thought I’d post them here as well so more people will see them and discuss!
The space available for each grid item will be calculated at run-time, and the icons could be down-scaled if necessary.
I thought the best grid configuration is something like this:
OS7: Quick Photo – Posts – Comments – Page – Stats – Reader – Options – Dashboard – Refresh
OS6: Quick Photo – Posts – Comments – Page – Stats – Options – Dashboard – Refresh
OS5 or lower: Posts – Comments – Page – Stats – Options – Dashboard – Refresh
(Quick Photo could be added on OS5 devices in the next app release)
Howdy folks, we’re about to start a development cycle on the next version of WordPress for BlackBerry. It’ll mostly be a “refresh” type release to offer a better experience on devices running OS 6 and OS 7. One feature we’re hoping to introduce is the WordPress.com Mobile Reader.
These are the improvements we have planned so far – patches welcome!
- Option/setting for # of comments to download
- Infinite scrolling on posts/pages/comments
- Add Images Alignment options
- Integrate the WordPress.com Reader
- Add the ability to make a post sticky
The full list of items in the 1.6 milestone is available here: http://blackberry.trac.wordpress.org/query?group=status&milestone=1.6
Over the past 2 months 60K unique users has downloaded the app from the RIM AppWorld, not counting those who have downloaded the app from our site. We have an average of one thousand downloads per day, and many are running OS 6 and higher:
- OS 4.5 – 6%
- OS 4.6 – 5%
- OS 4.7 – 1%
- OS 5 – 38%
- OS 6 – 32%
- OS 7 – 18%
If you’d like to get involved, just comment here or jump on IRC (#wordpress-mobile on Freenode, ping
Anyone with a PlayBook running the “Android Runtime Beta” want to test a beta of WordPress for Playbook?
We have cleaned the user interface from unused elements, and completely redesigned it using points and not pixels, so lists and texts within the app should adapt their size using the predefined dimension of the device. In particular, lists are now better on higher resolution devices.
This snapshot includes the following changes:
- Added the support for PostFormat http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats
- Added the support for Discussion settings (enable/disable comments, pingbacks and Trackbacks)
- Categories are now alphabetically sorted
- Changed the image resize feature, by adding predefined dimensions loaded from the Blog Media Settings.
- Added the possibility to change the image resize settings for each image
- Fixed an issue on the Permissions settings screen that now appears once at first startup.
- Small UI resign
- The sharing feature is now disabled. We are working on it, will be reintroduced soon.
Full list of changes since latest stable build here.